What is alda-tabs?
- It is a Domain Specific Language for guitar players.
- It is a piece of software to help guitar players to “execute” their music notes in the
JVM, compose songs and get audio feedback.
- It is an extensible tool for music programming mainly oriented to guitar players.
- It is built on the top of
Alda, a DSL for music composition in the JVM, so it is compatible with both
Why is so easy to code guitar songs with alda-tabs?
- It does not require programming skills.
- It does not require traditional music notation.
- It is as straightforward as writing simple guitar sketches in a notebook.
- You only have to copy your tabs from the paper to a text editor and execute
How can I create complex digital music with alda-tabs?
alda-tabs you can execute any .alda file, so you can write your songs/programs in both
alda-tabs in the same block of text.
- It talks to the
JVM, so any experimented programmer can do impossible things
- It is just a layer on the top of
Alda, so if you know music theory, then you can write complex songs using music notation.
[Read more here]