Data Visualization, Digital Art and Visual Explorations
Some of our projects are focused in the development of data visualization tools. Others explore new ways of expression, visual ethnography and photographic/film representation through the use of physical methods, lighting and digital processing. Others are oriented to computer graphics, artificial systems simulation, educational games and generative art.
Sound Synthesis and Emergent Languages
Exploring the intersection of artificial agent-based models with constructed languages and discovering news ways for knowledge representation, conscript development and visual languages design. Playing with sound synthesis for voice and music generation, combining experimental music with new technologies.
Studying the emergence of complex behavior in self-organizing systems, such as artificial life simulations, biochemical experiments o social organisms.
- SciArt 2D Simulator: 2D Graphics Engine for agent-based modeling, artificial life and educational games.
- Rhizome Ethnographies: Visual ethnography and multidisciplinary research oriented to the study of social agents and multiculturalism.
- GAVC: Generative Art and Visual Complexity: This project aims to explore the potential of algorithmic implementations to generate visual art.
- Soundbox: Experimental digital environment for music creation Transform your voice or your instrument in a MIDI interface.
- Looking for Identity (complementary to Rhizome Ethnographies). Visual ethnography with a film-making approach to explore multiculturalism and individual/social identity in the context of the U.S.A.
- Bitmind: Decentralized entrepreneurial initiative for the exploration of Open Value Networks (OVN/DAOs) by using blockchain-based technologies.
- xmunch atomspace: Visual tool for the dynamic construction of neural and semantic networks for knowledge representation, reasoning and learning in an abstract space of atoms.
- Links to external resources: We try to update a public list of links and external resources related with the research we do.